Before setting up, make sure you have the following:
- Provided 5VDC Power Adapter
- (2) HDMI Cables (ver. 1.4 or later)
- Analog RCA Cable or Optical SPDIF Cable (based on your setup)
1) Connect provided power adapter to power port located on the front of the JTDAT5CH and to an available 110V power receptacle.
2) Connect your 1st HDMI cable to the HDMI output port of your HDMI Source device (Game Console / Streaming Device / Computer)
2.1) Connect the other end of your 1st HDMI cable to the HDMI input port of the JTDAT5CH
3) Connect your 2nd HDMI cable to the HDMI output port of the JTDAT5CH
3.1) Connect the other end of your 2nd HDMI cable to the HDMI input port of your display device (HDTV / Projector) *Please note this device supports up to 1080P signal
4) Connect either your Analog RCA cable or Optical SPDIF cable to your audio device (AV Receiver / Soundbar / Headphones)
***Please note that this device does not decode or convert audio formats. Analog RCA Output ports are only capable of supporting a 2-Channel Stereo PCM Audio format. For multichannel audio formats, user must use the Optical SPDIF output port.
5) Select the audio format you wish your source device to output by selecting one of the three available EDID toggle switch settings.
2CH - EDID emulator setting that tells your source device to output a 2CH audio format
5.1CH - EDID emulator setting that tells your source device to output a multichannel audio format
PASS - EDID copy setting that will copy the EDID settings of your connected display device (HDMI output port) and provide them to your source device
For additional support and troubleshooting, contact the J-Tech Digital Technical Support team via email or phone. Technical Support is available from 9AM - 6PM CST, Monday - Friday.
J-Tech Digital Support Team