HDBaseT: The Worldwide One-cable Standard
HDBaseT is the global standard for the transmission of ultra-high-definition video & audio, Ethernet, controls, USB and up to 100W of power over a single, long-distance, cable. For audiovisual, consumer electronics, and even industrial PCs, this can be a simple category cable (Cat6 or above), for up to 100m/328ft. For medical and government applications, optical fiber is usually preferred, spanning several kilometers. For automotive, HDBaseT can be transmitted over a single unshielded twisted pair (UTP), for up to 15m/50ft, or any other commonly used media (such as STP, HSD, coaxial and fiber).
HDBaseT eliminated the compromises by offering:
- Long-distance transmission: 100m/328ft with a single hop, or even more with several hops
- Signal convergence: audio & video, Ethernet, controls, USB and power over a single cable, eliminating clutter, simplifying installation, with reduced infrastructure costs and low cabling weight
- Performance: the current generation can deliver up to 4K (ultra-high-definition) video, and 8K is already on the roadmap
- Simplicity: category (LAN) cable and UTP cables are easy to install and to field-terminate. Cat cables also use standard RJ-45 lockable connectors.
- Affordability: HDBaseT relies on low-cost infrastructure without compromising on performance, reducing not only installation but also maintenance costs; the ability to transmit power over HDBaseT eliminates the need for electrical cables and outlets near all of the devices
- Standardization: HDBaseT is an industry standard, facilitating interoperability
- Versatility: HDBaseT is an industry-proven technology, which can be easily adapted across different sectors
We offer different options with HDBaseT extenders and matrixes. J-Tech Digital HDBaseT products: