If you are experiencing issues with your HDMI extender and are not seeing an image on your display, it could be caused by an incompatibility between your source and the extender. However there is a very simple solution to this problem, and it lies within the EDID copy function of the JTDHDEX-1. This article will show you the steps to utilize that function.
1) First, connect the Transmitter of the extender to an HDMI input port on your TV, projector, monitor, or other display.
- Next, hold down the EDID copy button for about 5 seconds
- Once you have pressed the button long enough, make sure to turn the extender off so that the information can be saved onto the transmitter
2) Now, simply reconnect your transmitter back to your source and the extender will now pass the EDID information copied from your display!
*Note: You can also erase previously saved EDID information, in case you plan on using this extender on a different display. Follow this next step to erase the stored EDID information:
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the transmitter, and hold down the EDID copy button for about 3-5 seconds (the red LED should flash for a few seconds then become static, or stop flashing). Once again, simply power down the transmitter and all of the previously saved EDID information will be gone from the extender.
If you have any issues, please contact our support team:
J-Tech Digital Support Team
Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM (CT)