Scenario: If you are experiencing difficulties routing multiple sources using the JTD-EX-120M-UN-R/T Extenders and a network switch, please explore this solution.
- Connect the power cable to the Transmitter (Tx) or Receiver (Rx).
- Connect an ethernet cable (Cat5e/Cat6) to the Transmitter (Tx) or Receiver (Rx).
- On your desktop, Right-Click on the Network Icon on the bottom right & click “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Click “Change adapter settings”
- Double-Click “Ethernet”
- Click “Properties”
- Click “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and then click “Properties”
- Change the IP address to 192.168.168.___ (1-254, excluding 55 & 56 which are the default IP addresses for the transmitter and receiver).
- In the “Subnet Mask” field, type “255.255.255.0”. “Default Gateway” can be left blank.
- Click “OK” to save your changes and then click “Close” for your changes to take effect.
- Open browser and enter the default IP address for the transmitter or receiver.The Default IP address of the transmitter and receiver can be found in the user manual under "Specifications".
- Click “System Settings” under the “System” menu
**To change addresses please note:
- IP addresses – It is necessary to change the last octet in an address (192.168.168.___)
- MAC addresses – It is necessary to change the last 2 characters in an address (00:0b:78:00:60:__)
- To confirm the changes, try accessing the GUI in an internet browser with new IP address.
- Finally make sure to go back to “adapter settings” and change the IP address of your network interface card back to “Obtain an IP address automatically” if your network is using DHCP