Being able to connect to your 8x8 Matrix is a huge convenience; being able to connect to it wirelessly and also add it to your existing network is even better! This guide will take you through the steps on how to connect it to your WiFi network.
1) Click on your available networks icon (should be located on the bottom right of the screen) and select "Matrix88-3DCAT" and connect to it.
Note: If the wireless network "Matrix88-3DCAT" does not appear, the name of the network may come up as "USR-WIFI232-B_9564"
2) After connecting to the network, open up your web browser and type in "10.10.100.254" to log into the interface.
3) For the username enter "admin" and for the password enter "admin" as well.
4) You should now be logged into the interface. From the initial page (Quick Configure), go to the Wifi Mode section and click on the drop down menu. In the drop down menu select "STA Mode".
5) Now go to the row labeled AP's SSID under the STA Interface Parameters section and press "Search".
6) Find your network and select it, then click "Apply".
Note: If you do not see your existing network, click "Refresh".
7) Find the row labeled "Key" then type in your network password and click "Apply".
***IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASSIGN THE 8x8 A STATIC IP ADDRESS, FOLLOW STEPS 8-11. OTHERWISE SKIP TO STEP 13***
8) On the left side column of the screen, click on STA Interface Setting. On the bottom of the screen, you will see text that states "WAN Connection Type:" and to the right of the text there is a drop down menu. Click the drop down menu then select "STATIC (fixed IP)".
9) Now you may assign a static IP address to the Matrix.
Note: Be sure to remember the IP address you are assigning it!
10) Now assign the Subnet Mask and the Default Gateway. Make sure they match that of your existing network.
11) After all that has been entered, click "Apply", you will then see a message stating to restart the unit.
12) On the left side column of the screen, click on Device Management, then under the row marked "Restart Module", click on the "Restart" button.
13) Now connect back to your existing network and type in your new IP address to access the interface.
Note: If you are using a DHCP WAN connection type, you may need to search your network for the IP address of the 8x8